1) An email confirmation of your order details will be sent after your purchase is complete. You are responsible for ensuring the details of your order are correct. Please read your confirmation carefully as we will not accept liability for errors not advised to us prior to shipment.
2) Refunds can be requested providing the testing kit has not been shipped. A refund cannot be issued after your order is dispatched or in the case of a haemolysed blood sample. A processing fee of €4.95 will apply to all refunds. This will be deducted from your refund.
3) You will be given instructions to follow in your testing kit. You must read and follow these instructions carefully before carrying out your sample collection. Replacement kits or refunds will not be issued for misuse of the testing kit or failure to follow instructions correctly.
4) Do not discontinue any prescribed medication without consulting with your General Practitioner.
5) An adequate sample must be collected in order for your sample to be analysed. If the lab is unable to analyse your sample due to an inadequate sample collection, a replacement kit can be purchased at an additional charge of €14.95.
6) A haemolysed sample may occur if you take too long collecting your blood sample. The lab will analyse the sample and issue a result indicating a haemolysed sample. In the case of a haemolysed sample a retest fee may apply.
7) You sample must reach the laboratory within the specified time outlined below for the test you are undertaking. If the lab does not receive your test kit back within the specified time frame after taking your sample, it may become aged and analysis not possible. A replacement kit can be purchased at an additional charge of €14.95.
8) Returns times for samples: Vitamin B 12: 3 days, Vitamin D: 4 days, Folate: 2 days, Ferritan: 7 days, Iron Status Profile: 7 days.
9) The reagent in the blood collection tube has an expiry date. Please ensure that your test is performed before the expiry date.
10) For all tests, please refer to the appropriate test page for age restrictions. Age limit may apply to certain tests.
11) If pregnant/breastfeeding please consult with your medical practitioner before carrying out any investigations.
12) Allow approx 7 working days for results from when sample is received in the lab. GastroLife is not responsible for any delays in lab analysis.
13) GastroLife is a testing centre only; medical treatment and advice are not provided. Any information provided by GastroLife is not intended to replace advice from your GP.
14) This test is not suitable if you have any issues with blood clotting or are on blood thinning medication.
15) Communication regarding your test will be sent via email. Any documentation issued to you will be sent in encrypted/password protected pdf format. If you wish to receive such communication via post instead, please advise us immediately after purchase.
16) Any issue arising as a result of blood sample collection is not the responsibility of GastroLife.
17) Your test should be performed early morning following an overnight fast and returned to the lab the same day.
18) A pre-paid postage mailer is included in the kit. If you are returning your sample to the lab to Eurofins Blackthorn Road via post, your test must be undertaken Monday-Wednesday and posted back the same day. If you are dropping your sample directly back to the lab, the test can be completed Monday-Friday and dropped back to the lab the same day.
19) GastroLife will not be held responsible for delays in postage or lost parcels when kits are returned to the lab. If you are unsure that your sample will reach the laboratory within the specified time frame, it is recommended to hand deliver your sample back to the laboratory or express post your sample back to Eurofins Blackthorn Road.
20) By purchasing this test, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Terms and conditions are subject to change.