1) An email confirmation of your order details will be sent after your purchase is complete. You are responsible for ensuring the details of your order are correct. Please read your confirmation carefully as we will not accept liability for errors not advised to us prior to shipment.
2) Faecal Immunochemical Test kits can be shipped to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only.
3) A fee of €69 paid directly to GastroLife is required for one Faecal Immunochemical Test kit.
4) Refunds can be requested providing the testing kit has not been shipped. A refund cannot be issued after your order is dispatched. An administration fee of €4.95 will apply to all refunds. This will be deducted from your refund.
5) You will be given pre-procedure instructions to follow in your testing kit. You must read and follow these instructions carefully before carrying out your sample collection. Replacement kits or refunds will not be issued for misuse of the testing kit or failure to follow instructions correctly.
6) Do not discontinue any prescribed medication without consulting with your General Practitioner.
7) It is recommended to return completed testing kits on the same day as sample collection using the pre-paid envelope. Samples must not be delivered to GastroLife clinics.
8) Samples must be collected in the patient’s own home. Samples are not collected at GastroLife clinics.
9) It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that all instructions are followed, and all required information is filled out when returning your kit. Failure to fill out required information, incorrect sample collection, or a delay in sending completing testing kits back to the laboratory may result in your sample not being analysed. If you require a replacement kit, this can be purchased at an additional charge of €9.95. Only one sample will be covered for analysis. Please contact GastroLife for more information.
10) Allow approximately 10 working days from when the sample is received in the lab. GastroLife is not responsible for any delays in lab analysis or incorrect sample collection. Samples much reach the lab within 10 days of sample collection or analysis is not possible.
11) The reagent in the sample collection tube has an expiry date. Please ensure that your test is performed before the expiry date.
12) GastroLife is a testing centre only; medical treatment and advice are not provided. Results are sent in a positive/negative or borderline format. If you are positive for your study, you will need to see your G.P. for appropriate follow up. Any information provided by GastroLife is not intended to replace advice from your GP.
13) If you have any query regarding your test or results, please contact GastroLife directly.
14) Communication regarding your test will be sent via email. Any documentation issued to you will be sent in encrypted/password protected pdf format. If you wish to receive such communication via post instead, please advise us immediately after purchase.
15) This test is a screening test and should not be used as a diagnostic tool for the detection of colon cancer. If your result is negative and you have symptoms, you should see your GP for medical advice.
16) By purchasing this test, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Terms and conditions are subject to change.