Below is a list of instructions that should be adhered to prior to your Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test.
Patients should not undertake the Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test if there is a documented or suspected gastric infection or atrophic gastritis, as this may interfere with the Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test.
Please read the information below. If you have any questions reading this information sheet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
• You must fast (liquid and solids) for at least 6 hours before your test.
• Antibiotics should not have been taken for at least 1 month.
• Discontinue proton pump inhibitors for 14 days. Examples include Losec, Zoton, Nexium, Omeprazole.
• Discontinue H2 antagonists for 3 days before your test. Examples include Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac.
• Please refrain from taking 24 hours before your appointment any antacid such as (examples): Gaviscon, Gaviscon Advance, Rennies.
You MUST consult with your doctor prior to discontinuing any prescribed medication.