Please read the following information carefully. If you have any questions reading this instruction sheet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You MUST consult with your doctor prior to discontinuing any prescribed medication.
You must wait at least 1 month after:
• Taking antibiotics (unless advised)
Please refrain from taking the following 1 week before testing:
• A colonoscopy (or any procedure involving bowel preparation)
• Probiotics foods and/or probiotic supplements
• Herbal anti-microbial supplementation (unless retesting)
Please refrain from taking the following for at least 1 day before testing:
• Digestive aids such as digestive enzymes
• Laxatives or bulking agents e.g. Fybogel
Please comply with the following 24 hours before (48 hours if constipated):
• First 12 hours (36 hours if constipated) consists of a restricted diet – please see below.
Foods listed below are only to be consumed, avoid all other foods not listed. You do not have to eat all the foods listed e.g. if you are gluten intolerant please do not eat the white bread.
o Baked or broiled chicken, fish, turkey, lean beef, or pork (spiced ONLY with salt and pepper)
o Plain steamed white rice (Basmati or Jasmine)
o Hard aged cheese (Parmesan, Pecorino) unless you are dairy intolerant
o Olive oil or coconut oil – 1 tablespoon only, for cooking
o Black Tea or Coffee (No milk or sugar)
o Plain white sliced pan bread (no seeds)
o Plain white potato (ensure skin is removed)
• Second 12 hour period will be fasting – ONLY water is allowed
This is the 12 hour window before starting your test. For example, if you are starting your test at 9 am, you can only have water from 9 pm the night before – 12 hour fast.
o No smoking (or e-cigarettes) are permitted, including second-hand smoke, for at least 12 hours before and at any time during the testing period.
o No sleeping or vigorous exercise for at least 1 hour before and at any time during the testing period.
o No chewing gum or breath mints are permitted on the day of the test or the day before testing.