1) Please ensure you have sent us your Consultant or GP referral prior to ordering the test. Test kits can not be shipped until we have received your referral.
2) Patients should not undertake the Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test if there is a documented or suspected gastric infection or atrophic gastritis, as this may interfere with the Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test.
3) The minimum age for testing is 16 years.
4) An email confirmation of your order details will be sent after your purchase is complete. You are responsible for ensuring the details of your order are correct. Please read your confirmation carefully as we will not accept liability for errors not advised to us prior to shipment.
5) Helicobacter Pylori Breath tests can be shipped to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only.
6) A fee of €100 paid directly to GastroLife is required for one Helicobacter Pylori Breath test kit.
7) Refunds can be requested providing the testing kit has not been shipped. A refund cannot be issued after your order is dispatched. An administration fee of €4.95 will apply to all refunds. This will be deducted from your refund.
8) You will be given pre-procedure instructions in your testing kit. You must read and follow these instructions carefully before carrying out your sample collection. Replacement kits or refunds will not be issued for misuse of the testing kit or failure to follow instructions correctly. Please ensure that you read the pre-procedure instructions prior to placing your order as certain medications listed in this document need to be stopped prior to undertaking the test. This document is available by using the following link Link to Pre-Procedure Instruction Sheet. If you have any questions about this document, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
9) You will given instructions in your kit on how to perform the breath samples.
10) The tablet for the test contains 13C-urea which a harmless substance that occurs naturally in the body. On rare occasion a sour taste in the mouth may be reported.
11) Do not discontinue any prescribed medication without consulting with your General Practitioner.
12) Samples can be hand delivered to the lab or shipped directly back to the lab. It is the responsibility of the patient to pay for shipping costs when sending the kit back to the lab. Samples must not be delivered to GastroLife clinics.
13) Samples must be collected in the patient’s own home. Samples are not collected at GastroLife clinics.
14) If you require a replacement kit, this can be purchased at an additional charge. Only one sample will be covered for analysis. Please contact GastroLife for more information.
15) Allow up to two weeks for results from when sample is received in the lab. GastroLife is not responsible for any delays in lab analysis or incorrect sample collection.
16) GastroLife is a testing centre only; medical treatment and advice are not provided. If you are positive for your study, you will need to see your G.P. for appropriate treatment e.g. antibiotic therapy. Any information provided by GastroLife is not intended to replace advice from your GP.
17) If you have any query regarding your test or results, please contact GastroLife directly.
18) Communication regarding your test will be sent via email. Any documentation issued to you will be sent in encrypted/password protected pdf format. If you wish to receive such communication via post instead, please advise us immediately after purchase.
19) You will be required to complete a Test Request Form which needs to be returned in your completed testing kit with your samples.
20)By purchasing this test, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Terms and conditions are subject to change.